2008 Diversity Visa
Latest Embassy News
2008 Diversity Visa Lottery Interview Season
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé encourages all winners of the 2008 Diversity Visa Lottery who have missed their appointment over the past ten months to contact the Consular Section immediately at 2220-1603 or, via e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Diversity Visa cycle ends on September 30, 2008. No visas can be issued after that date, including those for pending cases.
Those Diversity Visa winners who have appointments and will respect their interview date do NOT need to contact the Consular Section. It is very important to keep your interview date and time, as appointments can only be rescheduled on a space-available basis.
Diversity Visa application tips from the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy Yaoundé follow:
DIVERSITY VISA RULES
- The rules for the Diversity Visa program are very clear and are posted online at http://www.travel.state.gov under DV Lottery instructions.
- PLEASE VISIT http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ for a full list of the rules.
- PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES BEFORE YOU APPLY AT THE EMBASSY. You and you alone are responsible for any information submitted on your behalf, even if another person completes your entry form for you.
- If you do not clearly qualify for the visa based on your education or work experience, or will not be able to present clear evidence of your qualification at your interview, you should not apply, as your application fee is non-refundable. Note that your case must be fully concluded before September 30.
DIVERSITY VISA SCAMS
- The only time you will be asked to pay any money will be on the day of your interview at the U.S. Embassy itself.
- Applicants must come to the U.S. Embassy prepared to pay the application fee and processing fees, which amount to USD $775.00 or the equivalent in CFA Francs (approximately 333,000 FCFA).
- If you are approached by someone who claims to be able to guarantee issuance of your Diversity Visa, please contact the U.S. Embassy right away. No one outside the Embassy has this authority, and this is usually an attempt to get money from your under false pretenses.