International visitors contribute to the vibrant cultural, educational and economic life of the United States of America, and the American people are proud of their tradition of welcoming visitors with secure borders and open doors. Nationals of most countries, including Cameroon, must have a visa to travel to the U.S. The most common types of visa are Business/Tourist Visas and Student Visas. The type of visa needed is defined by immigration law and is determined by your purpose of travel.
The U.S. Embassy’s new visa appointment system will empower you to schedule your visa interview at a date that is convenient for you, provide you with more options to pay your visa fees. The new system is found at www.Cameroon.USvisa-info.com.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
- Fill out
the DS-160 visa application form at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.
For Students: “Name of Person Paying for Your Trip:” MUST be the person/entity whose Financial Documents the applicant is submitting.
- Create your personal U.S. visa account online at http://www.cameroon.usvisa-info.com/.
- Print your Payment Slip and pay the nonrefundable MRV at a participating Eco bank branch.
- After waiting two business days, schedule your visa appointment online at http://www.cameroon.usvisa-info.com/.
- Arrive at the U.S. Embassy on the day of your appointment with your confirmation page.
- Respond clearly and honestly to the Consular Officer during your visa interview.
- Pay the Visa Reciprocity Fee of $240 (or CFA equivalent) for a one year multiple entry visa when the visa is issued
- Pick up your visa in a few days.
- Travel to U.S.!
Holders of a valid U.S. visa or a U.S. visa that has expired in the last 24 months are eligible to renew their visa using the fast-track renewals system found here.
Most diplomatic passport holders and people applying for official visas are exempt from the MRV fee. Applicants applying for these visa categories should NOT USE THE NEW VISA APPOINTMENT SYSTEM because the MRV fee is nonrefundable, even if paid in error. To receive specific information on how to initiate the application process, please contact the Consular Section where the traveler plans to apply at: YaoundeNIV@state.gov.
Visa Appointment Call Center: +237-3342-4806 (Monday-Friday, 08:00 to 20:00)
The Call Center CAN:
- Provide information on where to find visa information.
- Provide information about the visa application process.
- Provide information about how to pay the visa application fee.
- Schedule or reschedule your appointment as an alternative to doing this online.
The Call Center CANNOT:
- Determine the required visa for your purpose of travel.
- Complete or assist with the completion of the visa application DS-160 form or DS-260 form.
- Determine eligibility to travel without a visa on the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA).
- Assist with technical issues concerning your visa fee payment.
A note on passports:
The United States Embassy in Cameroon requires Cameroon citizens applying for immigrant and non-immigrant visas to present machine-readable passports. Older hand-written passports lack security features that protect against counterfeiters. This requirement does not apply to travelers with diplomatic and service passports.
Download the Non-Immigrant Visa appointment system one-pager. (PDF - 335KB)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.