Specific Visa Photo Requirements
- The Embassy does not endorse any service provider. Applicants may utilize photographs from ANY vendor or may take pictures themselves that meet the below requirements.
- Photos that do not meet the specifications below will not be accepted, and you will not be able to interview. You will need to schedule a new appointment.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 2 by 2 inches (roughly 50 mm square) with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm) with the eye level between 1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo
- The photograph must be a full-face view where a visa applicant faces the camera directly.
- The applicant should not look down or to either side, and the face should cover about 50 percent of the photo area.
- Side or angled views are NOT accepted.
- The photograph may be in color or black and white, but must have only a white or off-white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds cannot be accepted.
- In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed.
- Head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face.
- Sunglasses or other wear which detracts from the face are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
Digitally reproduced photographs must be reproduced without discernible pixels or dot patterns. Photocopied photographs are NOT accepted.