Nonimmigrant Visa Information
The U.S. Embassy’s new visa appointment system will empower you to schedule your visa interview at a date that is convenient for you, provide you with more options to pay your visa fees. The new system is found at http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html. Also see http://www.travel.state.gov/ for more visa information.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
- Fill out the DS-160 visa application form at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.
v For Students: “Name of Person Paying for Your Trip:” MUST be the person/entity whose Financial Documents the applicant is submitting.
- Create your personal U.S. visa account online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-cm/niv.
- Print your Payment Slip and pay the nonrefundable MRV at a participating Eco bank branch.
- After waiting two business days, schedule your visa appointment online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-cm/niv.
Arrive at the U.S. Embassy on the day of your appointment with your confirmation page. CAUTION: Please be on time. If you arrive 15 minutes after your appointment time, you will be denied access to the consular section, and you will have to re-schedule your interview appointment through the online system.
- Respond clearly and honestly to the Consular Officer during your visa interview.
- Pay the Visa Reciprocity Fee of $240 (or CFA equivalent) for a one year multiple entry visa when the visa is issued. Reciprocity Fee for students is $60 or CFA equivalent.
- Pick up your visa in a few days.
- Travel to U.S.!
Holders of a valid U.S. visa or a U.S. visa that has expired in the last 24 months are eligible to renew their visa using the fast-track renewals system found here.
Most diplomatic passport holders and people applying for official visas are exempt from the MRV fee. Applicants applying for these visa categories should NOT USE THE NEW VISA APPOINTMENT SYSTEM because the MRV fee is nonrefundable, even if paid in error. To receive specific information on how to initiate the application process, please contact the Consular Section where the traveler plans to apply at: YaoundeNIV@state.gov
Visa Appointment Call Center: +237 233 424-807 & 237 233 424 810 (Monday-Friday, 09:00 to 18:00)
If calling from within the U.S. please dial: +1 703 543 9351.
The Call Center CAN:
- Provide information on where to find visa information.
- Provide information about the visa application process.
- Provide information about how to pay the visa application fee.
- Schedule or reschedule your appointment as an alternative to doing this online.
The Call Center CANNOT:
- Determine the required visa for your purpose of travel.
- Complete or assist with the completion of the visa application DS-160 form or DS-260 form.
- Determine eligibility to travel without a visa on the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA).
- Assist with technical issues concerning your visa fee payment.
A note on passports:
The United States Embassy in Cameroon requires Cameroon citizens applying for immigrant and non-immigrant visas to present machine-readable passports. Older hand-written passports lack security features that protect against counterfeiters. This requirement does not apply to travelers with diplomatic and service passports.
ATTENTION: Please be on time. If you arrive 15 minutes after your appointment time, you will be denied access to the consular section, and you will have to re-schedule your interview appointment through the online system.
How to Apply for a U.S. Visa Online. It’s easier than ever! Watch this video: https://youtu.be/FdkAmW93voI.
Download the Non-Immigrant Visa appointment system one-pager. (PDF - 335KB)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.